Recent Award: Miami State Court Enters Final Judgment for $36 Million Domesticating Moscow Judgments
General Business Counsel & Corporate Matters
- General counsel for global hospitality and membership club business operating in Mexico, California, New York and Europe
- General counsel for international investigation and corporate intelligence firm assisting with contracts and due diligence
- Drafted and negotiated U.S. sales and distribution agreement for Scottish whisky brand
- Helped entrepreneurs in launching new homeopathic product; analyzed product offering materials for compliance with regulations
- General counsel for Russian media company and television station in the U.S.
- General counsel for medical device manufacturer in connection with distribution agreement in the U.S.
- Drafting and negotiations over operating, investment and profit sharing agreement for mining project business venture in Brazil.
- Represented investor in connection with investment strategies, due diligence on prospective deals and company formation.
- Drafting of software implementation agreement for New Jersey distributor.
- Supply agreement negotiations with Chinese purchaser of client’s former supplier of complex battery technology.
- Consulting agreement negotiations for U.S. national with Hong Kong based conglomerate.
- Advise entrepreneur on consulting and licensing agreement with French software company.
- Assist New Jersey company in negotiating distribution agreement for product in Asia.
- Formation of new online business involving consumer product manufacturing in U.K. and U.S.
- Assisted entrepreneur in joint venture discussions in the oil and gas industry.
- Advised entrepreneur-scientist on business development and R&D agreement options in defense industry.
- Due diligence review for bidder of assets of hospital in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Due diligence review in acquisition of security software company.
- Pre-litigation due diligence review of adverse events for major drug manufacturer and assessment of risks of product liability exposure.
Business Litigations, Dispute Resolution Matters & Investigations
- Counsel for Switzerland family office helping to recover million dollar investment in Florida, obtained judgment against debtor in SDNY
- Recovery of over $3M for private equity group in commercial litigation
- Counsel for former Russian Forbes 500 list businessman in various litigations domestically and internationally
- Settled multi-million dollar commercial litigations in different forums in New York, Connecticut and Russia
- Settled complex decade long shareholder dispute between family members in Connecticut
- Three year litigation in Los Angeles federal court over R&D and supply contracts, involving over $100 million in alleged damages, resulting in settlement after expert discovery and e-discovery, summary judgment and court ordered mediation.
- Defended fraud and conspiracy claims against a private equity corporation in connection with real estate and business acquisition (responsible for discovery, depositions and summary judgment resulting in dismissal) in NJ Superior Court.
- Counseled creditor in high-profile chapter 11 bankruptcy in Delaware bankruptcy court resulting in settlement over multi-million dollar claim.
- Represented foreign representative of multi-billion dollar Brazilian producer in chapter 15 bankruptcy proceedings in New York bankruptcy court; obtained orders granting injunction.
- Co-counsel on brief before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals resulting in multi-million dollar tax refund to the trust.
- Settled claims involving environmental spill and homeowner’s claims for diminution of real estate property value in NJ Superior Court.
- Member of trial team in multi-million dollar litigation involving trading and market timing in Northern District of New York.
- Handled e-discovery and responding subpoena in NJ District Court for major international bank in connection with commercial litigation over insurance coverage.
- Defense and settlement of breach of contract and fraud case over sale of medical practice in New York Supreme Court after briefing and filing motion to dismiss.
- Defense of healthcare provider in litigation in New Jersey Superior Court involving data breach claims.
- TRO in NJ District Court (Camden) on behalf of healthcare facility facing termination of provider agreement and negotiations with government.
- Handled dispute over medical billing practices in coordination with leading investigation firm and obtained pre-litigation settlement in vendor dispute.
- Investigation and related litigation involving pirated domain name of large Latin American company in coordination with cybersecurity experts and investigators.
- Risk analysis for international defense company and assist management with negotiations over multi million development agreements in the aerospace industry.
- Assist senior management in pre-litigation negotiation and mediation proceedings over multi-million license agreement involving nanotechnology product and engineering matters, dispute between U.S. and European companies.
- Investigation and litigation claims assessment involving alleged multi-year history of intentional infliction of emotional distress in rural community against individual.
Recent Representative Litigations
- Sardarov et al v. Faiman, SDNY District Court (2018-2019)
- Chigirinskiy v. Panchenkova, SDNY District Court (2010-2018)
- Dear Invest v. Borland, SDNY District Court (2018)
- Gyrodata v BAE Systems et al, Central District of California, District Court (2012)
- Recognized among leaders of NJ Bar in 2014
ALINA LEONOVA v. STANISLAV LEONOV, Docket No. AC-42539 (Conn. App. Ct. Jan. 30, 2019), Court Docket
DE GEER,CARL W vs. BORLAND,BRENT, Docket No. 3697380 (Judgments and Liens Jan 08, 2018), Court Docket
Dear Invest AB et al v. Borland et al, Docket No. 1:17-cv-07770 (S.D.N.Y. Oct 10, 2017), Court Docket
Sardarov et al v. Faiman, Docket No. 1:19-cv-00404 (S.D.N.Y. Jan 15, 2019), Court Docket
Proarch Design Solutions, LLC v. Lazercad Inc. et al, Docket No. 1:18-cv-04542 (E.D.N.Y. Aug 10, 2018), Court Docket
Chigirinskiy v. Panchenkova, 319 F. Supp. 3d 718 (S.D.N.Y. 2018), Court Opinion (07/19/2018)
PANCHENKOVA, TATIANA v. CHIGIRINSKY, SHALVA, Docket No. UWY-CV-12-6020819-S (Conn. Super. Ct. Mar 16, 2012), Court Docket
Skolnick v. Tarragon Corp. (In re Tarragon Corp.), Adv. No. 09-02012 (DHS), No. 09-10555 (DHS), 2009 BL 344677 (Bankr. D.N.J. Aug. 13, 2009), Court Opinion (08/13/2009)
In re G-1 Holdings Inc., 2010-1 USTC Para. 50,148, 420 B.R. 216, 2010-1 USTC 83,205 (D.N.J. 2009), Court Opinion (11/12/2009)
Gyrodata Incorporated v. Atlantic Inertial Systems Inc. et al, Docket No. 2:08-cv-07897 (C.D. Cal. Dec 01, 2008), Court Docket
ASTORIA DENTAL STUDIO, P.C. v. SEPIASHVILI, GEORGE, Docket No. 505309/2013 (N.Y. Sup Ct. Oct. 28, 2013), Court Docket
Greenwood House, Home for the Jewish Aged v. Eide, Docket No. L-000269-13 (N.J. Super. Ct. Law Div. Feb. 01, 2013), Court Docket
In re: A123 Systems Inc. et al, Docket No. 1:13-cv-00083 (D. Del. Jan 14, 2013), Court Docket
B456 Systems, Inc., Docket No. 1:12-bk-12859 (Bankr. D. Del. Oct 16, 2012), Court Docket
AeroThrust Corporation, Docket No. 1:09-bk-14541 (Bankr. D. Del. Dec 27, 2009), Court Docket
Skolnick et al v. Rhodie et al, Docket No. 2:09-ap-02012 (Bankr. D.N.J. Jul 08, 2009), Court Docket
1200 Grand Street Condominium Association et al v. 1200 Grand Street Urban Renewal, LLC et al, Docket No. 2:09-ap-01465 (Bankr. D.N.J. Mar 27, 2009), Court Docket
Independencia S.A., Docket No. 1:09-bk-10903 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. Feb 27, 2009), Court Docket
JURGENSEN SUSAN K v. ZOO PUBLISHING INC, Docket No. 102381/2009 (N.Y. Sup Ct. Feb. 19, 2009), Court Docket
ETEX APPAREL, INC. v. TRACTOR INTERNATIONAL, Docket No. 601301/2008 (N.Y. Sup Ct. Apr. 30, 2008), Court Docket
Fritze LLC, Docket No. 2:07-bk-19059 (Bankr. D.N.J. Jun 28, 2007), Court Docket
Helft, et al v. Allmerica Financial, et al, Docket No. 1:03-cv-00035 (N.D.N.Y. Jan 07, 2003), Court Docket
Let's Work Together
43 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036-7424